Monday 25 June 2007

Maybe I should think about sh.., um, theory now?

I should most probably be full of thoughts and theory about all this that we are doing in Seoul. That's most likely why I was invited in the first place. I think I am thinking about all of this, and I may only have a grand constipation, or something? Coz my shit is not coming out loose and lightly. Thoughts about Henri Lefebvre's oeuvre simmer together with thoughts on political standpoints about Venezuela and have to become a soup pretty soon. I need not only to chew on it but also to digest after which I can finally, hopefully if I'm lucky enough, take a dump and create one of those fuming bear shits that Charles Bukowski is talking about HERE. By the way - not in any way would I be comparing myself with Bukowski or any other poet/writer, I'm shitting a different sort of texts, but I would never the less be comparing the processes of writing any kind of texts with each other.

PS. Experiencing constipation while on a deadline is nothing new. Ask any kind of writer.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Do you think that the working situation - more like an artist's regular situation - is a new challenge to you being a writer when you are sitting in the middle of all this?

powerekroth said...

Eh - I really don't get your question to be honest. I actually don't know what you are talking about. Do you mean that it is different because I am not alone by my desk in my own apartment? Well, the table looks different and there are more mosquitoes here. Otherwise this is in fact the exact kind of environment I used to have when I had an office at Artnode or at SITE/Crac. What is "More like an artist's regular situation" anyway? This is my usual, regular work situation. Or do I get you all wrong?

Andreas Schlaegel said...

Well, honey, you are sitting right next to your subject mater, maybe that's what Jan is pointing at? So you are writing abut something that's happening while you write and changing along with it- to me that does sound kind of special, no?

powerekroth said...

I see your point, but it is no different from reading a book and doing notes while reading it for the future review is it? I have a private blog where I pin down thoughts all the time to be able to write a "proper" review or text later on whatever happens in my life.