Tuesday 18 September 2007

Kimchi d'Lyon



While continuing to put off actually writing something substantial about what exactly happened during my second visit to Seoul, let me entertain you all by a picture of me looking very serious next to a pretty good Korean meal I had in Lyon tonight. I was walking along Quai Saint-Antoine, where Lyon's current Hermés-store is located whilst their main one is being renovated (I haven't been there while it's open yet, but hope to do some shopping tomorrow morning...) when I discovered the restaurant, and as I browsed the menu I got very excited. So I called up my travelling-partner and we had a meal that consisted of some deep fried starters, stir-fry squid (my favourite from Korea, and better in Seoul of course, much less spicy here), bibimbap, some shrimp and kimchi. The kimchi was pretty good, but there really wasn't enough of it! The restaurant also had soju, but paying 16 euros for soju seemed kind of over the top, so we went for Tsing-tao and sake instead.

Greetings to all from my really shitty hotel-room in Lyon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look very serious!! i can see there kimtch bowls in the pics, look so tiny!! no surprise!!

Jan said...

Nam-nam! France is a good place for a lot of cuisine. I was just in Paris and I am always impressed with the different kind of restaurants. Wish I was there in Lyon. Happy to hear the biennial was good as well!

Anonymous said...

And I liked kimtchi.

My first korean meal, I think, though kimtchi seemed familiar.

Randi

LM said...

aahaa, lets check out those korean places jan found in kreutzberg when you are both back here, or was it chinese restaurants he found? hmm, booth sounds good to me, im too hungry to remember. greetings