Tuesday 10 July 2007

Post Opening Trauma

Well well well... I've been away from the blog and from the project space as well as Internet as a whole for a couple of days - since the opening in fact. Now I'm back and it is definitely time for a recap of what has happened and what has not. I do have a problem though, earlier dubbed as the "Groundhog-day-problem": all the days look the same in a way and still - sooo many things happen all at once and I even have troubles remembering even the funniest things. We have talked about this syndrome within the group and we all pretty much feel the same. A typical conversation could be:

"Do you remember that person we met at that place that we went, you know, on Tuesday or Wednesday or something?"

"What? Do you actually mean that you can discern Tuesday from Wednesday? And if so, you mean that you actually remember what went on on either of the days?"

"Oh, no not really..."

But first things first.

Opening.

A late night before (Kowalski spinning at Bar Nana and some Itaewan clubbing afterwards) made for a late morning for Erlend, Bjørn and myself, but we arrived in time to be interviewed by Benjamin Kaplan for his webpage THE NATIVE GAZE (not up just yet), install speakers and sound system and to tidy up the space just a tad. Even before the opening visitors turned up to the projectspace 195. The kitchen on our second floor with "Mama" in charge (we love her unanimously by the way) had prepared some delicious food for the guests and we had some free beer too. Jan was in charge of the DJ set downstairs and he was a happy teacher to anyone interested in knowing how it works to mix some music. I was running around trying to ensure that everyone had a good time and that everything was running smoothly. At one point there were more than 80 people in the space simultaneously. Most of us were on the top floor drinking beer and mingling about. Erlend introduced me to curator Henk Slager (image below somewhere from our chat) and at one point my good friend Alain Siebert with his good friend that I will name "Peter the Dane" showed up and I kind of spent the rest of the evening around these two guys. At one point we moved on to our hostess bar in Hong-dae where we had some more drinks together with the four cats and made more serious conversations about art.

The anecdotes of the evening are way too many to start gossiping about, additionally I don't even remember many of them. I hope and trust that Erlend will give his version that will in turn help me remember the things I should write down and I will: later. As for now I'll post some images from the opening.
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for everyone!! esp Junghee eunni, Haejun and Junglim's friend worked so hard to feed everyone at the opening party.

chee said...

I miss you all.
Now all the works in Yeonhee-don195 space are disappearing.
I'm Chunghee in the upstair kitchen, called 'mama'(I didn't know you called me this name.)