Monday 25 June 2007

Update on our Seoul-life in progress

Back in Fort Banga Banga after a visit to Paik Hae Young Gallery where Jan, Jooyoung, Erlend and myself saw Paik Hae Young herself and managed to somehow convince her that we were honest and wonderful people that deserved to stay in her supernice modernistic building (built only 35 years ago) where she lives, has a gallery and also have some spare rooms for art people like our self for a week at least. Me very happy. We'll sleep in real beds tonight - at least Erlend and myself!

Jan is still super enthusiastic about the Jjimjingbang however so he'll stay on a while longer together with Bjørn.

Erlend took off to explore the city's fashion district by himself, Jooyoung went to do some errands just like Jan, and I came back to the project space to find Bjørn surfing some pages about Seoul's more shady districts. I'm looking forward to that excursion.

Last night we spent working until late and then we went to the bar SUM that is owned by the sweet lady who owns the building of the gallery. SUM is by the way a great place with four cats, a homely environment and a giant record collection with some mean Korean disco from the 70-ies. We had a few drinks, spoke about the importance of a good pick-up line and had quite an early night due to the early morning meeting this morning at the gallery. A slight confusion about the date of the opening occurred but I believe that everything is settled now, but I suspect I'll find out later tonight when we had our meeting. I am happy that we now have a lay-out for the invitation card (below) signed Bjørn-Kowalski Hansen. Me thinks it looks much like "I dream of Jeannie".

I'm assigned by the INSA Art Space to write a text on the exhibition we had a talk about the other day, so I'd better get on with it immediately!

No comments: